California nuts, the best allies to take care of your heart, reduce the risk of cancer and prevent cognitive deterioration.
The California walnuts, apart from being common in trays of Christmas goodies are a food on which, over the past two decades have not stopped you published scientific studies that show its benefits to our health.
California nuts, a food to take care of you inside
California nuts take care of your heart, reduce the risk of some types of cancers, improve the health of patients with type 2 diabetes, prevent cognitive decline and aid in weight control diets.
Benefits of California Walnuts for cardiovascular health
· They help regulate cholesterol levels.
· They lower blood pressure.
· They reduce inflammation of the blood vessels and the risk of stroke.
California walnuts benefits to prevent some cancers
· They help to inhibit some risk factors for colon cancer and to slow down the development of this disease.
· They could protect against prostate cancer and slow down this disease.
· They could protect against breast cancer.
Benefits of California Walnuts for People with Type 2 Diabetes
· They reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
· It improves the functioning of the endothelium - the layer that lines the interior of the blood vessels and whose function is key to preventing diseases such as arteriosclerosis - in patients with type 2 diabetes.
· They improve good cholesterol in patients with type 2 diabetes.
Benefits of California Walnuts to prevent cognitive decline
· The consumption of walnuts in elderly people improves cognitive function, increases memory and concentration and decreases the deterioration associated with age.
· They could protect brain cells, as well as delay the onset and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s.
Benefits of walnuts for weight control
· They could fight obesity, especially in women.
· They have fewer calories than the rest of the nuts.
· They help reduce metabolic syndrome.
In the way of good things there are also California nuts
The Borges company has been in charge of bringing the best California nuts to our tables for many years.
They are grown in the almost 300 hectares spread over 3 farms operated by the company in the Sacramento Valley and are, for the most part, of 4 different varieties:
· Chandler. With oval and thin shell of light color and easy to open. It has a good grain size and is the most widely cultivated variety.
· Hartley. It is slightly triangular in shape and is almost always sold in the shell. It is a medium production variety.
· Howard. It has a rounded shape and good grain size, which is light in color and of great quality. Its production is also high.
· Serr. It is an early but variable production variety. It has a fine skin and a light-colored grain of excellent quality and large size.